Ying Yi Wu
Ying Yi is a visual artist and experience designer with scenographic approaches. With a social and cultural orientated mindset, She create works in the field of visual art and performance art. Working vigorously with scenographic approaches for instance moving ‘bodies’ and all the senses, her research project is often expanded toward spatial embodiment and choreography of desire of performative spaces within the social/cultural context.
In her perception, the world is a constant movement between what is present and what is implied but absent. She constantly negotiates and anticipates the relationship between the presence and the absence by taking on an unconventional perspective of healing rituals. She collects and creates visual languages and cultures by playing with the botanical materials that nature provides. She finds her source of inspiration in nature, in Chinese mythology, and in the human body.
Ying Yi has roots in China and graduated from Master of Arts in Fine Art and Design - Scenography at HKU(Hogeschool voor de kunsten Utrecht) in 2018. She also has a background in Choreography and Landscape design.
Ying Yi looks forward to connecting her creative practices with the social dimension of public well-being and collective healing.
Want to know Ying Yi’s vision of practicing dry flowers art?
Click here for more
Expo (with dry flowers):
May 2th - May 25th, 2023(upcoming)
‘Re-Union’, Stadhuis Utrecht, Solo show.
March 18th - May 15th, 2023
‘Lucky Rabbit’, De krakeling Utrecht, part of art route ‘De Wijk In’ organised by ‘ZIMIHC theater Utrecht’.
Sep 10th - Oct 30th, 2022
'Knuffel', Bibliotheek Neude Utrecht, part of art route 'Care Full' organised by 'Art Utrecht'.
March 4th - May 30th, 2022
‘There you are’, HKU X, Solo show.
Feb 2th - Feb 25th, 2022
‘Burgemeestersportret van Jan van Zanen’, Stadhuis Utrecht, Group show.
Performance (with dry flowers):
April 12th, 2023
'Dry flower food art - A fresh memory with Osmanthus’, ZIMIHC theater Wittevrouwen, part of art route ‘De Wijk In’ initiated by ‘ZIMIHC theater Utrecht’.
Expo (without dry flowers):
Mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
Performance/Installation (without dry flowers):
If you are up for a tea talk.
Publication and Media:
- 2022 Art Utrecht | CareFull kunstroute
- 2022 Health Hub Utrecht | The Power And Symbolism Of The Hug
- 2023 One-to-one tea ceremonies | 'Living Together Apart' | Tour 1 @ Casco Art Institute
- 2023 One-to-one tea ceremonies | Winter Burendag | Johannescentrum Utrecht
- 2022 Opening ritual of expo ‘Knuffel’ | Interactive performances | Bibliotheek Neude
- 2022 One-to-one tea ceremonies of expo ‘Knuffel’ | Intimate dialouges | Bibliotheek Neude
- 2022 One-to-one tea ceremonies of expo ‘There you are’ | A special opening during the corona time | HKU X
- 2022 Guided tour of expo ‘Knuffel’ | HKU Talk ‘Because we care’ | Bibliotheek Neude